Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Best Drugstore Foundation

Best Drugstore Foundation

Since foundation is a product you wear all day and under your other makeup, you'd want to get one that's good quality and complements your skin tone. Many drugstore cosmetic companies have stepped up their game and created products that are comparable or equivalent to other H/E brands.



Revlon Colorstay Foundation

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ez-UxOyMsG4/Sm_Lzr0fhvI/AAAAAAAAABI/qsXUL-CTf5A/s320/revlon_cs.jpg

This thick foundation glides on smoothly to give the skin a semi-matte finish. Colorstay provides full coverage and lasts for around 12 hours. Once the foundation is dry, it is impervious to water, tears and sweat and it works to keep oil at bay. Work fast however, because the formula dries fast on the skin and then it's difficult to work with. Colorstay comes in a glass bottle with a black lid and goes on looking flawless but feeling lightweight.
I really wish this product came with a pump or a speckle brush, because it's quite annoying to pour the foundation out each time, resulting in a waste of the product.



Milani Smooth Finish Foundation


Enjoy the luxury of this silky, creamy-smooth, oil free formula  that glides on like a cream and blends to a natural matte powder  finish.


A cream foundation which dries to a matte, powder like-finish. Smooth Finish gives a light to medium coverage and glides on the face smoothly for a flawless look. The foundation can be built up, but won't feel heavy or thick upon your skin. It comes in a cute little gold compact that flips open to reveal three compartments- a mirror, the foundation and a sponge applicator for the last level. However, Smooth Finish does not come in a large variety of colours, 7/10 of their shades are dark-toned colours, and does not have a long staying power.



Covergirl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

http://www.covergirl.ca/en_ca/prodimages/cg_smoothers_hydrating_makeup_1.jpg

Provides light coverage and goes on sheer- just enough to even out skin with a hint of pigment. CG Smoothers is moisturizing, lasts all day and helps to control shine. The foundation works to cover up redness or blemishes while still giving a glowing, natural look. This gel-like foundation comes in a squeezy bottle (like ketchup!) that gives you just the right amount of product.


Wet N Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1pBFIqIqT6MbA-UwjwuZWjDuyKNSLuZ0ANQ5tjvNcgtWeeEq15NvWZ-Dt6o76uwWa9rU7aezZ7nwk


A tinted moisturizer for those who have perfect skin (I hate you) but want a little bit of coverage to smooth out their complexion . This foundation (can I even call it a foundation?), this TM moisturizes beautifully, goes on creamy and gives a matte finish. With that being said, this TM is thicker and provides more coverage than other TMs on the market. But you can easily remedy that by adding moisturizer to the product until the consistency is to your preference. USTM comes in a squeeze bottle very similar to the CG Smoothers.


Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VBMyJ-IqEf0/SgJZDhwIWtI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/XYYS_KrmX9E/s320/maybellinedreammattepowder.gif

This is more of a setting powder than anything, but I thought I'd put it on here as an accessory for foundations. ;) Goes on very smooth and instantly mattes the skin. Dream Matte is finely milled and gives you that airbrushed effect. Can be used as a replacement foundation when in a hurry for light coverage. Comes in a compact with a swivel mirror and a powder pouf.



(:

7 comments:

Marce said...

I haven't tried any of these but from what I've read, Revlon's is very good. Thanks for your thoughts!

Emmie Wong said...

Marce; Thanks hun! I'm using the Revlon Colorstay myself ATM, it provides great coverage (:

Justine (Productrater) said...

I wanted to like revlon colorstay foundation after all the raves I heard about it, but I just didn't really, mostly because I couldn't find the right colour match. I still wear it from time to time, but the colour just leaves me wanting something more, and it smells like paint. But you are right, it gives great coverage, and probably one of the best drugstore foundations out there.

Emmie Wong said...

Justine; sorry you couldnt find a match! sometimes I find that mixing foundations can get the perfect shade. (: I don't really notice a paint smell LOL, I think I got used to the scent already =P

Anonymous said...

It does not smell like paint at all.plus once it's on your face you won't even notice the smell so i don't understand why the smell bothers you.

Anonymous said...

Well , I'm actually just starting to get into make up and I have clear skin and a tan complexion I get from my native dad. But my step sister has Dream Matte Mousse or something like that that has great coverage and hardly noticeable and you can get it at any drugstore for $14... but since I have a clear complexion, I'll go with the tinted moisturizer since my face is oily but is dried out after i wash it .

Anonymous said...

wow? really? wet n wild? i thought they had crappy face products!!! its so darn cheep too(price)