Sunday, April 21, 2019

Hada Labo Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist Review

Today's skincare review will be the famous hylauronic acid essence from Japanese brand Hada Labo. Hada Labo is one of the skincare brands under the ROHTO Pharmaceuticals conglomerate umbrella, including Sunplay, Lipice and Rohto eye drops.





Product: Hada Labo Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist

Visual: Plastic white bottle with Japanese characters.

Volume: My bottle was 40 ml.

Method of Delivery: Screw off top with a peep hole dispenser.

Application Instructions: Wet hands then press hands gently over face. Apply to dampened face. Repeat several layers if desired.

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Succinate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxyethlcellulose, Methylparaben, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinic Acid

(Information obtained from Amazon.ca. Formulations may vary from country to country.)

Personal Review:

This was the first essence I have ever tried but I heard great things about this product so I knew I would not be disappointed. First impression, I was surprised at the watery consistency when I first applied it. I had to be quick to rub the product over my face, lest the essence drip onto the floor (I am also very economical which is code for thrifty). Hada Labo uses the word 'lotion' in its title, which conjures a different image when you usually think of skincare lotion.

The essence sunk into my cleansed and slightly dehydrated skin immediately. You can apply several layers of  this for optimal hydration, but I usually only do one layer. The lotion draws in moisture to the skin, so it is important to wet your face before you apply the product.
There is no alcohol listed in the ingredient list so it is non-drying. Fragrance is absent from the list, but it has a very very subtle pleasant smell to me. I have been using this product regularly for 6 weeks with noticeable plumping and hydration of the skin. This is a light moisture essence so it should be layered under other moisturizers or treatments.

Rating:
A+, highly recommend!

Link to Purchase:
https://amzn.to/2DoXrSz ($16 CAD for a 170ml bottle)

I purchased mine on a trip to Vietnam. You can find this lotion in many beauty stores in Asia, or Asian grocery stores in western countries.

I hope you enjoyed this review!

Cheers,
Emmie 

No comments: